Career Services offers a number of resources to assist our student body with their part-time job search. The part-time jobs we assist with while you are in school range from opportunities across all industries and aren’t focused solely on media arts industries, the way it would be after they graduate. While we do not place students in part-time job opportunities, we are happy to guide them to finding a part-time job through the necessary resources outlined below.
Part-Time Job Fair
Career Services hosts an annual Part-Time Job Fair where various employers come to campus to meet and recruit students for part-time employment opportunities. Career Services will communicate with students via email, monthly newsletters, flyers in the common areas and by making class announcements in the event that an employer is coming to campus for recruitment purposes.
Virtual Part-Time Job Board
Career Services posts a variety of part-time job opportunities to the Virtual Part-Time Job Board. It is the students responsibility to visit this board regularly to search opportunities and apply. As in all cases, if students have questions regarding accessing the Part-Time job board or applying for a particular position, they should email email@example.com for assistance.
Federal Work Study Jobs
Flashpoint participates in the Federal Work-Study Program. This is a government subsidized program which allows schools the opportunity to hire students for various jobs on campus. In order to be eligible for this program you must have completed their FAFSA application and be in good standing with Financial Aid. Available Federal Work-Study positions can be found on the Part-Time Job Board and questions regarding any openings can be sent to
INTERNSHIP & PART-TIME JOB BOARD LOGIN
Career Services hosts both an Internship Board and a Part-Time Job Board as some of the many resources available to students. You can log in via the Campus Portal to access the boards at any time and apply for various industry related internships or part-time jobs. Below are step-by-step instructions:
- Log in using your student login information via the Campus Portal: http://portal.tribecaflashpoint.edu/
- Once you’re logged in, click on the “My Calendar” link on the left-hand side menu.
- You’ll see a drop down menu appear. From there, click “Job Search”
- You’ll be directed to a search page where you can do a general search or select specific criteria.
- When you’re ready, click the “Search” icon in the lower right hand corner and you’ll be directed to a list of available internships and part-time jobs. Make sure to click on the date column twice. This will list all posted job leads in chronological order.
- Click on the opportunities that interest you to see the application details for that particular position.
Should you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!