The Student Government Association is of service to the College that organizes and sponsors student events, advocates for the needs of the students, and welcomes new incoming students. This is an opportunity for you to be a direct representative of the student body that advocates for all students and helps drive a positive exciting college experience.
The Student Government Council is elected each Fall Quarter. The enrolled student body population has the opportunity to vote for one of the designated campaign duos via the Google electronic voting system. The SGA works under the College’s Manager of Student Services (Beth Cooper). Those interested in becoming active in the SGA should contact Beth at email@example.com by September 29th. Campaigning begins October 2nd. Voting will open October 9th.
Elected representatives will be two officers from the four programs: Film, Recording Arts, Animation and Visual Effects, and Graphic Design.
IN ORDER TO RUN FOR STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must pledge to be a full-time student for all three quarters (Fall, Winter, Spring) in the upcoming school year in which you will serve as an officer.
- You must be willing to organize student events with the Manager of Student Services throughout the school year, including, but not limited to: scheduling, coordinating, and attending the events. This means you are also required to meet and communicate with the Manager of Student Services whenever needed.
- You must attend meetings with the Campus President and Department Chairs 4 times per year.
- You must be dedicated to serve the student body, and be invested in their needs as you are their primary spokesperson.
- You must be able to get the work done in a timely manner, pay attention to detail, and work well with others.